Thursday 5 May 2011

Pregnacare Plus Omega-3 at Sainsbury’s!

Hello people!  Just have a few moments spare today so I thought I’d update on something useful.  Since before our planned attempts at our Honeymoon baby, (which, incidentally turned out more to be a wedding night baby!), we (Mr. M and I) had been taking the Pregnacare Conception pills – they contain all the folic acid and correct vitamins and minerals needed to prepare a mother for child bearing, and also to pump up the prospective father so that he has the best nutritional stores he can have as well.  I believe we started taking it in December, and we conceived somewhere around early March so we’d been taking them for a full 3 months before we tried to conceive.  I’ve seen on some articles that health advisors suggest mothers take folic acid supplements from as early as an entire year before trying to conceive.

It was always my intention to take Pregnacare as I’d heard really good things about it, and it just makes sense to me to fortify my body with relevant baby-making vitamins – but a lot of other people who have tried these claim that Pregnacare is definitely what allowed them to conceive easily and quickly.  Certainly in my case this felt true, as it was more or less our first attempt – this of course can be due to many other accumulative factors, for example: age, weight, existing health and fitness, diet etc.  But no doubt the extra help the vitamins gave us contributed to our fortunate and rather quick success.  With this in mind, I just thought it might be useful for any other prospective mothers to give these a go if they haven’t already, and particularly if they have already been trying for a while without success. 

A few days ago I picked these up at Sainsbury’s – right now they are doing a deal, 3 for 2 on packs of Pregnacare Plus Omega-3, which is what I’m taking now that we have successfully conceived.  They are normally 14.50 individually, so considering anyone who intends to take them will be doing so for the rest of their entire pregnancy, it makes sense to stock up now whilst there’s a deal, as they can become quite costly and you’re saving the cost of an entire pack!  Each pack lasts you a month, so Mr. M bought me 6 – which should lead right up to November – a month before baby will be due hopefully. 

So there we go – that’s my useful information for today.  I’m off to go buy some new sheets to make the bed more comfy! 

 

DSC08824  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment