Monday 18 April 2011

My Obsession With Those Pee-Sticks…

So, fast approaching Week 8, and I’ve realised I’ve developed a bit of a…habit.  I know when I tell you what it is, you’ll think I’m crazy.  But then, they do say pregnant women get that way…I just didn’t figure it’d be quite so early on! 

Most days, I feel pregnant.  I feel oddly bloated, my boobs hurt like mad, and random smells make me want to projectile vomit.  I’m weepy at adverts, I want to sleep every 2 hours and I eat like there’s no tomorrow.  But some days, I just don’t.  Some days, I just can’t imagine how there could possibly be anything going on in there, and I feel the same as any day before I got those two lines.  Of course I realise that it’s still so early on, and in fact should be thankful for the days of respite I get from the tell-tale symptoms.  But on those days, I start to panic.  Somehow I manage to convince myself that possibly, maybe, there’s no baby in there at all.  And that’s how the strange obsession started…

On realising my very real paranoia of the situation, I went out and bought a whole bunch of Pee-Sticks.  ….I know.  It’s extreme.  But every week on the same day now, I pee on one of them just to reassure myself – and I intend to do so every week until I get my first scan.  Seeing the result just lets me know that I haven’t imagined the whole thing, and that everything is still happening as it should.  Mr. M kindly joins in with my mild-psychosis and humours me every week when I come in with yet another positive stick.  Thanks for that :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment